February 2020 President’s Message
Our January meeting made some changes to appointed board positions official:
- In addition to his responsibilities as Treasurer, Jerry Gladstone has been officially named Concours Chair. His first order of business was to re-establish Redwood’s relationship with Ledson and to secure “The Castle” as the venue for the Redwood Concours on September 20th.
- We welcome Rick Duste to the board as the 2020 Sponsorship Coordinator. Rick is already well on his way to getting to know all of our sponsors, and we look forward to his passionate contribution as an advocate and liaison for our sponsors in this role.
- Greg Matsumoto stepped down as our Autocross Director at the end of last year. Greg is succeeded by Drew Powers and Stacy O’Connell taking the reins as co-chairs for 2020. They are already hard at work preparing for our events at Sonoma Raceway on May 3rd and November 22nd, and the Redwood sponsored Zone event at Thunderhill on October 11th (part of a two-day AX extravaganza October 10th and 11th w/ SVR).
- Kim Powers stepped down as Webmaster at the end of last year. I will continue tending to the responsibilities of this role in Kim’s absence for the remainder of 2020.
All other appointed board positions remain as they were in 2019. To see our full roster, please visit the board page on the website. Please join me in thanking all who have volunteered their time to keep the club running with their generous service.
We were very fortunate to have Autobahn Automotive host a late January Tech Session for the club. We had a great turn-out, and Zach, Paul, and Chris showed all a great time with demonstrations that included an oil change on a 991, a brake job on a Cayenne Turbo, and a center-lock wheel and DME code dump on a 997.2 GTS. It was a tremendous time, and a wonderful opportunity for members to get to know one of the club’s sponsors a little better. Please be sure to remind them that you are PCA members if you happen to be in need of service for your Porsche while in the Santa Rosa area.
The Run for the Crab event, coming up on February 22, is shaping up to be a fantastic event again this year. If you’ve not yet registered, I suggest you get on the loud pedal, and sign yourself up. This event WILL sell-out since its popularity goes beyond just Redwood members, drawing folks from neighboring regions all over Zone 7. The MSR link for registration is up on the website.
Another exciting event is coming up at the end of the month. One of the club’s longest standing supporters and sponsors, Hi-Tec Automotive, is celebrating their 35th anniversary and the grand opening of their brand new showroom. They want to share this momentous occasion with the club by having us all over for some food and a movie…well, not just any movie…the Porsche enthusiast favorite, “Le Mans”. This is all happening on February 29th. Find more details and the MSR RSVP link on the webpage.
UPCOMING EVENTS FOR REMAINDER OF THE QUARTER:
- February 22 – Run for the Crab
- February 29 – Movie Night at the Hi Tec 35th Anniversary Celebration & Showroom Grand Opening
- March 7 – Hoppy Porsche Brewery Tour
- March 15 – Zone 7 Concours Judges School & Prep (Livermore)
- March 21 – Equinox Tour
Thank you and drive safe out there!
I have been on the Redwood Region board since 2015, serving as Secretary (2015-2016), Vice President (2017-2018), and President (2019-Present). This club and the people in it have helped to add tremendous joy to my life. Serving on the board and volunteering time is my way of trying to give some of that joy back.
Hi Tec Automotive
San Rafael, CA
Mill Valley, CA
Santa Rosa, CA
Auto Sport Detailing
Santa Rosa, CA
Charities Supported by Redwood Region
Join Us for a Board Meeting!
Meetings of the Redwood Region Board occur on the last Tuesday of every month from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at
(NOTE: this is a location change as of August 2022).
Any PCA member is welcome. You are responsible for buying your own drinks, but dinner is on the club!